Sunday 23 November 2008

My Weekend...

My weekend has been BUSY! It has been another weekend without seeing N. He had an accident in his car (someone drove into the back of him - the guy admitted he wasn't looking as he was trying to retrieve something from his glove compartment - idiot!). N is fine, but his car is undrivable until the insurance people get it fixed, if it gets fixed - it's a very old car, and it's done some miles so we are keeping our fingers crossed it doesn't get written off!

On Saturday I had a wedding cake to deliver and set up, followed by two consultations, followed by christmas fair baking, followed by the first part of making a celebration cake for a gentlemans 50th birthday. Apparently this man has a penchant for baked beans and so the instructions were to make a cake which looks like a stack of baked beans cans...!

Sunday morning was spent on the celebration cake. It ended up looking like this! ....



After the cake was finished, my sister took me into Cardiff shopping - ostensibly for christmas pressents but we ended up going into Howells our main department store, ... just for a look mind. K bought some gorgeous silver cutlery in a bargainous sale and somehow I managed to leave with a big bag with a beautiful dress inside. I'm not quite sure what happend. It is mostly a blur. I remember being in the changing room, I rememer ooohing at the lovliness of the dress, I remember my sister flashing her store card and saying I could get an extra 20% off by using it, then all I remember is leaving, bag in hand, with a big smile on my face!

N.B. this was not in keeping with the idea of Christmas shopping I was supposed to be buying gifts for other people not for myself! I am a bad person. But oh it's lovely and it feels so nice on! Now I just need somewhere to wear it!

6 comments:

Em said...

That cake is fantastic! How much must he love baked beans though...?!
Sorry to hear about N's car - at least he is okay. And that dress is gorgeous - I think a big part of Christmas shopping is making sure you are well equipped (or rather, well dressed!) for the season.

Rachel said...

I second Tea's thoughts about the cake and baked beans!

Glad to hear N is ok even if his car isn't. How long do you think he will be without a car.

Love the dress; this is the one I saw yesterday which I would have bought had I had any cocktail parties to go to! http://www.karenmillen.com/fcp/product/-/Dresses/Graphic-asymetric-taffeta-dress/903000052090?page=prod903000052090

Marie said...

What a lovely dress. I tried on some asymmetrical dresses the other day and realised how great they are so imagine this one looks wonderful!

said...

Totally cute dress!!

The Cwtch said...

Tea and Rachel,I know! You'd have to really love baked beans! The cake was bought for him by his work colleagues at a car showroom. They sent me a picture of him with the cake which was really sweet!

Thank you all for positive feedback on the dress. I am so happy with my new purchase! I love it. It feels so special. I just need N to take me somewhere lovely to wear it! Although a friend and I were discussing having a black tie drinks party just so we could have an excuse to dress up!

I love your cocktail dress choice Rachel - scrumptious!

With Love from New Orleans said...

That cake has just made my day.