Wednesday 17 December 2008

The weekend starts...

tomorrow! Hooray! I am super excited! Tomorrow afternoon I shall finish work early then hop on a bus then on a train and make my way to London. If my train is on time I should get to our (it's N's really but I think of it as mine too!) flat just after 7.00. I will have just enough time to spruce myself up, put on some winter pimms and lay out some nibbles before my lovely friends arrive. My lovely Californian friend, I, who was my cheffing partner at Le Cordon Bleu is visiting London with her talented architect boyfriend so it is a fabulous excuse for an LCB get together. Also coming is S who is now a chef at Claridges and Mrs and Mrs M. Mrs M and I had a lot of fun making chocolate sculptures back in the day, she now runs courses teaching children how to cook amongst many other things. What a talented bunch! I havent seen I or Mrs M for over a year so it is going to be wonderful! Friday I have off work which is great! I am meeting one of my university flat mates, Dr G for a spot of much needed christmas shopping and a coffee and then in the evening I am at a festive dinner party. We have no plans for the rest of the weekend, apart from visiting N's parents at some point. I need to do some serious knitting on the train though if I am going to get all of my presents finished on time. I am making hot water bottle covers and tea cosies and hats ... photos to follow....

Sunday afternoon recomended viewing: for a bit of old fashioned seasonal romance try Meet Me At St Louis - a classic.


Have wonderful weekends all!

No comments: