- I discovered some amazing new places: St Lucia and St Kitts in the Caribbean, Mykonos and Simi in Greece, the lovely Turkish coastline, The Trossachs in Scotland and Ely in Cambridgeshire
Little Venice, Mykonos by me
- N and I bought a tent and went on our first camping adventures: first at a friends hoe-down party on her farm in the Cotswolds, second in the garden of a friend's holiday cottage in Norfolk. In true N style our tent has a lighting system and we took a blow up double mattress, sheets, duvet and pillows!!! Okay so it wasn't proper camping but now we have eased ourselves in gently we're going to properly rough it in 2009
- I attended 4 weddings: I danced a ceilidh in stunning Stirling, Scotland, had a fabulous time at the wonderful wedding of one of my university flatmates in a castle by the sea in beautiful Dorset, watched my man be the best man at our friends nuptials in Ely, Cambridgeshire, and attended my cousin's wedding in beautiful Wales. Whew!
- Brilliantly my business has hit the ground running. It has been somewhat of a gamble, In order to finance establishing iced I have had to leave London and N to return home to Wales. I have had to work two jobs and have often found myself stopping work at 2.30 in the morning to go to bed for a few hours before having to get up and start the next job. But this year has been amazing. Hard work but amazing. I have made so many wedding and celebration cakes, and despite the current financial crisis, orders are coming in. Although I may have a few more dark circles under my eyes, I am loving absolutely every minute of achieving my dream.
- I have learnt how to: knit, ride a quad bike ... and of course, write a blog - this blog. I have loved writing it. Thank you for reading my rambling mumblings and thank you so much for your comments.
I am so looking forward to this year. I have no resolutions but I am going to do my best to make the year count in every way. As I write N is on his way to Wales as we are heading to the Cotswolds for our 'gettingtogetherversary' / Christmas present weekend away. I can't wait!